Cheque Fraud in Pakistan by Check Dishonor and Cheque Bounce
What is Cheque Fraud in Pakistan by Check Dishonor and Cheque Bounce
Cheque Fraud in Pakistan by Check Dishonor and Cheque Bounce is a common problem faced by both individuals and companies alike. Cheques which are presented as a form of payment, that do not clear either because they have Bounced (Due to not having the amount in the Bank account the Cheque is associated with) or that are not Authentic, is regarded as a Top Financial Crime in Pakistan.
Types of Cheque Fraud and Dishonour in Pakistan
Essentially, there are 5 ways that are commonly utilized by such crooks in Pakistan to commit Cheque Fraud by Cheque Dishonour and Cheque Bounce:-
- Altering A Cheque – This is a Cheque that was issued by the Account Holder but was modified and altered by someone else; Whether its the date, name or amount.
- Issuing a Counterfeit Cheque – These are Cheques that are not legitimately issued Cheques by the Bank.
- Forged Cheque – This is a Cheque which was not signed by the Account Holder, a Stolen Cheque.
- Using someone Else’s Cheque – This is a Cheque Stolen from someone and used Maliciously
- Dishonestly issuing a Cheque (Section 489F of the Pakistan Penal Code PPC) – “Whoever dishonestly issues a cheque towards re-payment of a loan or fulfillment of an obligation which is dishonoured on presentation, shall be punishable with imprisonment which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both, unless can establish, for which the burden of proof shall rest on him, that he had made arrangements with his bank to ensure that the cheque would be honoured and that the bank was at fault in not honouring the cheque”.- Cheques issued with the intent of misleading all those involved in the transaction or if there are no funds in bank account is itself a crime.
How to Avoid Cheque Fraud and Cheque Dishonor and What to do if it happens
To avoid cheque fraud we would suggest:-
- Keep your Cheque Book in a safe and secure place
- Keep on top of you monthly statements regularly
- Try to avoid cheques in favour of more modern approaches
If it has happened to you, we would recommend the following steps
- Report any fraudulent and dodgy activity to your Financial institution/Bankor the Police.
- IF your cheque has bounced, inform the bank and/or the payee’s to compromise the outstanding payment.
- Send Legal Notice to Defaulter for Payment of Cheque
- Registration of F.I.R U/S 489F Pakistan Penal Code.
- Reporting to FIA Electronic Frauds or Local Police Station
- Effecting FIR by use of by Justice of Peace if required.
- Ensuring pursuance of case by arrest and recovery of amount
- Civil and Criminal Litigation in Banking Court, Civil Court of Superior Judiciary in Pakistan.
How to get in touch with the Right Cheque Fraud Lawyer in Pakistan
Our Specialist Cheque Fraud and Cheque Dishonour Lawyer will analyze your case, and advise you best on how to proceed, depending on your current case, and your desired outcome. Once more, our Panel work on our “24Justice Fixed Fee” Basis, which means you will get the most reasonable price, and the most professional service available.
To find out more, Download Our Legal Services and Online Lawyers App From here or by Searching for “24Justice” from the Google Play Store. Once installed, upload your Query/Case/Question and one of our Trusted and Verified Legal Specialists will respond.
Alternatively, To speak to a Cheque Fraud and Cheque Dishonour Lawyer today, that can handle your case, Call (Or Whatsapp) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 0308 551 0031 (If you are trying to contact us from Abroad, Call or Whatsapp us on 0092 308 551 0031) of simply fill out this form below, and our Cheque Fraud and Cheque Dishonour Lawyer will call you back within 1 hour.