Defamation, Slander and Libel in Pakistan
Defamation, Slander and Libel Cases in Pakistan
Filing a lawsuit for Defamation, Slander and Libel in Pakistan is quite a straightforward and easy process. As Pakistan follows Islamic Law, if it’s proven that someone has attacked the honour of another person, the culprit will be punished.
What is Defamation?
Defamation is defined as “Any wrongful act or publication or circulation of a false statement or representation made orally or in written or visual form which injures the reputation of a Person, tends to lower him in the estimation of others or tends to reduce him to ridicule, unjust criticism, dislike, contempt or hatred shall be actionable as defamation”
What is Slander and Libel
Any False oral statement or representation that amounts to defamation shall be actionable as slander.
Any False written, documentary or visual statement or representation made either by ordinary form or expression or by electronic or other modern means or devices that amounts to defamation shall be actionable as libel.
How can you tell if you have a case?
The necessary ingredients for a case for defamation are:-
- That the allegations levelled against the plaintiff should be false, baseless and unfounded
- The wordings used and the allegations levelled. on the face of it, should have been defamatory and derogatory in nature
- Such allegations should have been published in widely circulated in newspapers or have been spoken in a large gathering
- The said Publication made or wording used should have been with malice without any reasonable excuse and justification
- The allegations should have been directly attributed to the victim by specifically mentioning their name (PLD 2004 Kar.595; PLJ 2014 Pesh. 302 & 2015 YLR 1263)
How to Submit a case for Defamation, Slander or Libel
If you feel that you have been a victim of Defamation, whether at work, or in a running case or in a running case, you can get in touch with us so that we can advise you of procedure, duration and cost. our “24Justice.pk Fixed Fee Policy” which means you do not have to worry about any unknown and hidden extra charges.
To find out more, Download Our Legal Services and Online Lawyers App From here or by Searching for “24Justice” from the Google Play Store. Once installed, upload your Query/Case/Question and one of our Trusted and Verified Legal Specialists will respond.
Alternatively,Please fill in our form below. You will receive a response in 24 Hours from our Defamation Specialist, who will start the process once informing you of the timeline and fee’s. If you do not get a response, simply call us on 0308 551 0031 (Outside of Pakistan/Whatsapp Number 0092 308 5510031)