Child Adoption in Pakistan
Child Adoption in Pakistan is a relatively straightforward process. Prospective Parent/s who are seeking to adopt a child have many Legal obstacles and hurdles to face when they look towards adopting a child from Pakistan, especially if they are looking to take them abroad and re-settle them there. Luckily, we have Adoption Lawyers who can assist in this matter.
A Child will be assigned to the adopting parents (there will be no choice offered) once the parents qualify. To Qualify, the Occupation of the Prospective Parents, as well as their Social and Financial Status are all brought forward when cases for Child Adoption Pakistan are presented before the court. All the courts will consider in these cases would be the overall interest and welfare of the minor.
When adopting a child, the following will be required:-
- 2 Guarantors, who live in Pakistan, and can arrive at court on the dates of hearing can take a Guarantee for the Potential Parents that the child will be kept as a child, and will not be found as a Servant/Worker in the Future
- A Bond of Rs.10,00,000/- in the name of the child, so that the child may use it in the future if it ever needs to,
Adopting a child from a relative or friend in Pakistan
If you are adopting a child from your family member from Pakistan (close or distant) their forfeiture of Parental rights and Status would also be required, and in some cases, sureties would also be required that they are not handing over their children by force, and it is indeed in the interest of the welfare of the minor.
In some cases, a Grandparent, relative, or friend (who knows of the child and that the child is not in safe hands) can gain custody of a child by relieving the existing parents of their legal status. It is noted however, that strong grounds are required for such cases and would involve lengthy proceedings, where the Petitioner (The Prospective Parent) would need to establish grounds as to why they would have right over the child against the child’s existing Parents (i.e. if the Parents neglect the child, or are criminals/drug users etc etc).
24Justice.pk has several great Family Lawyers in Pakistan in our panel, who have handed hundreds of such cases.
How to get in touch with our Child Custody Lawyers
Our panel of skilled Child Custody Lawyers in Pakistan specializes in Child Custody Laws in Pakistan and offers personalized advice and robust legal solutions.
- AI Legal Site: For general information, visit 24Justice.com – Pakistan’s First Legal AI Site.
- Personalized Assistance: For more specific queries or legal representation, reach out to us:
- Call: 0092 308 5510031
- WhatsApp: 0092 308 5510031
- Contact Form: Prefer writing? Fill out our contact form below, and we’ll respond promptly.